Wednesday 23 January 2013

These are the ideas and inspiration which I got in creating my flat plan, these R&B magazines helped me choose what conventions I would have in my magazine.
Cover
I have researched front covers of R&B magazines, and these were my most favourable images. Most of the shots on the magazine cover are a close up or a mid shot, this is what I also found out was the most effective in my market research. Also in all of the images they have eye contact this draws the reader in and makes them feel more engaged with the magazine. In my magazine I have decided to have a close up shot of my model lying down or up against a plain wall. The reason for this is because it is a convention in R&B magazines to have a close of a celebrity with added effects such as no background, brightness and contrast. I will also have the heading just over the forehead of the model as my magazine is not well known people would not instantly recognise it if parts are missing like the Christina Billboard magazine.  I will also add in subheadings on the right and left side with the models name in a large text like the magazines bellow. I would also add in a button or some sort of feature to the right top of the page. 
Contents
There were not many R&B Magazines that caught my eyes apart from the billboard magazine it contains more then one image, which is different for vibes magazine, they only consist of one image which has been affected. But personally I feel that billboard has more of a statement which I copied. This was a good affect, which I tried doing similar features just different colour scheme. I will have the 3 images above and also an effective image on the side that goes with the white background. Also I saw that R&B magazines have subheadings above the number of pages, which show different sections that the magazine consists of such as exclusive, featuring and news this makes it easier for the reader to see what section they want to go to which I be doing something similar to. 
Double  
When I done my research for R&B magazines these are the two images that really stood out and for me was the most effective.  All of the images that have been used in the both magazines have been edited. This is a big main convention in R&B magazines. The effects used is to make the image transparent or adjusting the colour. Another convention which I saw was that that there was a teaser on big bold writing that is in different colour to the text, I will also be using this in my magazine. Also pull quotes are used which are usually in a different font size and colour. There could also be a title or the artist name in bold writing, also there needs to be the title of the magazine on the top left corner and who the article was done by.

No comments:

Post a Comment