Wednesday 16 January 2013

Focus group This was a focus group which was done by me and two other students. The two students which helped my work analysed an R&B magazine, they commented on the front cover, contents page and double page spread. This helped me see what other people thought; having other peoples input was good for market research. I now know what potential target audience thought of R&B magazines The first question which I asked was what they liked about the magazine and the comments were said that they liked the image of TI and his eye connection with the audience. This shows me that the audience like the eye contact as it makes them feel more involved. And the colour scheme and layout has to look well or it wouldn’t attract the buyer to even look inside the magazine The second question I asked was do they like the contents page they said that it was different in a positive way. And also they liked the effect of the background of how it blends from dark to light giving more effect on the women. I then asked how can it be improved and they said that they would like to see more images which link to the text. This is what I also found out in my questionnaire. So more images works well, however I need to do more research if this is what R&B magazine consists of. Then I asked what they thought of the double page spread, they didn’t like it as much because of the colour theme it blends in too much with the background and it’s not clear or readable. This was also the same as my questionnaire and I have to think about the colour theme which I pick. I then asked if who they thought the magazine was target to, they replied with teenagers this helped me pick a reader profile and what age range I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment